Sunday, July 21, 2013

Monday Made-It Week 2

I sure have been busy being crafty since I was late last week with my Monday Made-It project. 

Thank you Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for creating this linky which has motivated me to have projects throughout the week. 

Monday Made-It #1

I gave you a hint last week that my project had to do with R-E-A-D but I did not buy the letters separately. Instead, this is what I came up with...


This READ plaque will be placed on top of my bookshelf. I liked the individual letters better but using materials I already had was much cheaper! Materials: wood, red spray paint, polka dot punch out letters R E A D, ladybug stickers, and clear coat spray paint.


Monday Made-It #2

As you can tell by the name of my blog, I am obsessed with ladybugs. I found this poster and wanted to buy it but that's the easy way out, right?


Instead of a poster, I made this:

This project was very easy but took 2 days because I wanted to let the spray paint dry and then the clear coat spray paint dry inbetween coats. This is a 10x13 piece of wood spray painted black. Thank goodness I have a Cricut machine, which made cutting the letters so easy. The only other supplies I needed were the clear coat spray paint and the ladybug stickers. Easy, Easy, Easy!

Monday Made-It #3, 4,  and 5

I am on an amazing 2nd grade team...love you girls! After showing one of my teammates a picture of my Keep Calm and Love Ladybugs plaque, she wanted one too! Each of our 2nd grade classes has a team name: Ladybug Club, Kennel Club, Safari Club, and Beach Club. One plaque down, 3 to go! They were easy to do but man, those stickers can be expensive. Sorry girls, Christmas is coming in August for you three so you can have these in your classroom all year.

Mrs. Erickson's Kennel Club plaque


Mrs. Maxwell's Beach Club plaque


Mrs. Rudasill's Safari Club plaque

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? Now off to look for this upcoming week's project. Check out the other Monday Made-It projects over at 4th Grade Frolics.

post signature