Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lakota, Powhatan, Pueblo Indians in 2nd grade

I love teaching 2nd grade! Our curriculum is so much fun...Indians, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, Life Cycles, etc. We are very lucky that we don't have to stress over state testing either! This is my 6th year teaching 2nd grade and I am still thinking of new ways to teach things that did not go so well the previous year.

To help with this, I created Power Point presentations for each of the Indian Tribes. They are on my TPT store but I have given you a glimpse here:

Lakota Indians
This PowerPoint lesson goes over the 2nd grade Virginia SOL requirements. Students will learn about the region, climate, land, plant life of the Great Plains. They will also learn about the Lakota Sioux Indian transportation, clothing, homes, contributions, and occupations. At the end of this presentation, there is a link to a Lakota Indian song that a girl at my previous school created. 

Powhatan Indians
This PowerPoint lesson goes over the 2nd grade Virginia SOL requirements. Students will learn about the region, climate, land, plant life of the Eastern Woodlands. They will also learn about the Powhatan Indian transportation, clothing, homes, contributions, and occupations. At the end of this presentation, there is a link to a Powhatan Indian song that a girl at my previous school created. 

Pueblo Indians
This PowerPoint lesson goes over the 2nd grade Virginia SOL requirements. Students will learn about the region, climate, land, plant life of the Southwest. They will also learn about the Pueblo Indian transportation, clothing, homes, contributions, and occupations. At the end of this presentation, there is a link to the Pueblo Indian song that a girl at my previous school created.