Tuesday, September 3, 2013
This morning I arrived at school with butterflies in my stomach. I had a to-do list a mile long, which I completed by 7:35! I had never introduced Whole Brain Teaching strategies in September before but boy was I amazed!
Sunday, September 1, 2013
Welcome to the Ladybug Club 2013-2014! I am so happy with how my room turned out this year! I hope you enjoy your little tour around the room.
My hallway display
My door display
View from the door looking into my classroom.
Super Improvers Team, my whole brain teaching behavior component
Front right board display
Left bulletin board display
Another view of classroom library!
Guided reading table!
My desk area
My Power Pix for reading and math, another WBT component!
Student cubbies and Social Studies/ Science power pix boards
View from my desk!
Right side of my classroom, my dolch word wall of k-2 words.
2nd grade words aren't up yet!
My fish tank I got from petsintheclassroom.com!
No fishes yet, they will be in the tank on Tuesday night!
Well that's the Ladybug Club for 2013-2014. What do you think? Happy school year to all! I can't wait to start this year on Tuesday!
Saturday, August 17, 2013
Hello blogger land.....as you read this, make sure you read all the way to the bottom. 1 Freebie, 2 giveaways!
Many of you are already back in full school mode. I love summer break but I so wish I could just have my room finished. It's hanging over my head right now and there's nothing I can do about it.
I got a tentative class list on Thursday and started filling in names in all my teacher documents; returned papers, contact list, class list, tentative reading groups, labels, etc. Yesterday my Facebook site just reached 200 followers. Make sure you head over to my site to get my 200 follower FREEBIE. It will only be up until August 24th! (Click the screen image below to take you to my Facebook page. You must be a follower to download)
Here is what is coming up in my world
August 17-18: Anniversary weekend trip to Charlotte, NC to see I Love Lucy on Broadway, go shopping at IKEA, and go to Carowinds with my cousins! Soooo excited for one last woo rah before returning to school.
August 19: PALS training with my school district. I love the PALS assessment. If you don't know about it, visit their website! It is a required test in VA that assesses spelling, WRI, a passage reading, and comprehension. Such great information for us and they are explaining new things at the training so it should be awesome! PALS is now a PREK-5th grade assessment.
August 20: DO NOTHING DAY! Go shopping, relax, get a pedi with hubby (anniversary tradition and it's wonderful)....who knows!
August 21: 1st day allowed in my classroom!
August 22: My 4th wedding anniversary. Husband has to work so I'm heading back to my classroom!
August 23: Classroom day again!
August 26-30: Teacher work week!
August 31: Neighborhood cookout
September 3: 1st student day
It's all coming so fast but I'm happy. This being my 7th year, and my first FULL-Year doing Whole Brain Teaching, I actually can't contain myself! I know WBT is going to make this year AMAZING!
Also this weekend, I am joining up with two of my amazing Virginia blogger buddies to assist in their giveaways!
1. Andrea from Reading Toward the Stars is having a giveaway! Don't miss out! Head on over to her page by hitting her giveaway button. The giveaway runs from August 17-August 24. The winner will be announced Sunday August 25th! Click on the image below to go to her link.
2. Rachel from Mrs.O knows is have a giveaway too! This is to celebrate her blogversary! The giveaway runs from August 17-August 24. Click on the image below to go to her link!
Goodbye summer and happy teaching to all!
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
HELP NEEDED FROM BLOGGER LAND!
I have 150 followers on my Facebook site! I have decided to create a FREEBIE for when I reach 200 followers. This is an AWESOME FREEBIE!
Please like my Facebook page yourself and share with your friends to help me reach this goal! https://www.facebook.com/WBTInTheLadybugClub
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
As the summer winds down, I have totally been slacking on blogging. There is just too much to do before the 1st day I'm allowed in my classroom. I've been reading through the blogs and learning a lot about fellow bloggers so I'm teaming up for Let's Talk About me Monday! Sorry it's a day late but better late than never, right?
1. I have always been obsessed with school. When I was little, I just to play school with my dad. I graduated high school in 2003 with Perfect Attendance K-12! Yes, I did check out to go to doctor's appointments etc., but I always came back to school.
2. In college, I was in the Only All-Female Corps of Cadets in the entire WORLD! Virginia Women's Institute for Leadership, VWIL, taught me so many wonderful lessons and provided me with amazing opportunities. I was the Sergeant Major my junior year! I was able to march in New York's St. Patrick's Day Parade 3 years in a row! The picture below is when we marched in the Governor's Inaugural Parade in Williamsburg, VA (I'm in the yellow sash with the saber). Rain and all...we were there marching!
3. I met my sweet husband, Brack, in college. He attended VMI...just up the road from my college. Our relationship has been through many hills because of the military training, distance, etc. but we are stronger than ever! I am so lucky to have him!
4. I am a bit obsessive compulsive! Ha! A bit is a total understatement. At least this OCD helps me stay organized. In my classroom, everything is labeled: from student book boxes, math manipulatives, student supplies, etc. My kids know exactly where to put something once they use it!
Last year's library, each bucket labeled by topic, not level!
5. I have 3 adorable pet babies: 1 gray kitty Scooter and two German Shepherd girls Zoe and Zega. My pets are my life and are treated like children! Spoiled is an understatement. Zoe and Zega are very well trained and are about to start Advanced Class at Petsmart!
Scooter Zoe Zega